If you read this blog, I love reading comments - so please do:)!



Nov 3, 2010

The latest Escapades



I know, I know, he looks so sweet(photo by Eric Cahoon http://erincahoon.blogspot.com/2010/10/for-naomi.html but don't be deceived.

I never knew that the terrible two's really existed until three with Kiah and even then there were never really that many giant disasters.... and.... now...I...learn...my...lesson.

Yesterday was a day of big lessons. It all started with an alert from Kiah - MOMMMMMM! "Cayden is throwing clothes". I was working on getting my laundry room ready to tile and so I had finished all my laundry and had moved everything out of the room. Each basket was sorted and in each according room, ready for putting away.. or was. When I went in every piece of clothing had been flung from the basket in various areas around and on the bed. And not only that, but EVERY pair of socks had been pulled apart and thrown into the massive mess. I started over, and needless to say - put them straight away. What a way to start a morning.

Then....a couple days ago we received a giant load of books from a neighbor - YAY! I got them all put away the night before and sorted by size, type, shape, etc., and separated from all of our other books so the kids could enjoy the new ones...until... I heard the ever growing in volume MOMMMMMMMM! from Kiah and went in to find every. single. book. covering the whole floor.

After instructing this one to be cleaned up by the assailant I got back to work trying to get mortar mixed and tiles laid. The hyterics of the next 'MOMMMMMMMM' ensured a real disaster awaited. It did. Cayden had climbed up to the sink and filled two giant bowls and a roaster with soap and water then... proceeded to dump them over the edge and flood the entire kitchen!!! Well that clearly wasn't enough water so he turned on the tap, extended it over the edge of the counter and let it spray. ARGHHHHHHH was my only response and Cayden clearly got the idea because he ran and hid. I got enough towels and soaked up the mass of the mess but of course it had ran under my island, stove, fridge and shelves which were not so easy to clean up. Well several towels, hours, and fans running later most of the water had dissipated.

I made it through the day with no more giant disasters and got 3/4 of the room tiled (mostly after Chase got home and was able to help avoid any more 2 year old creations).

This morning I was reminded of my lovely two year old when he asked me for a drink of water which I poured for him from the bathroom sink next to me as I sat doing what we all have to do when we first wake up in the morning. Then a thought struck me - my mouth guard should have been sitting where his cup was on the edge of the sink and it WAS NOT THERE! I stood up to find it in the yellow tinged abiss below. At least I saw it before I flushed. ARGHHHHHH! - he ran and hid.


Needless to say he has been well aquainted with time out the last couple of days:)

10 comments:

Maja said...

Oh my GOOODNESS!!! I cannot believe that little monkey! I am sorry, but those fiasco's are hilarious and I am glad you can laugh at them... now. You handled it way better than I think I would! Funny, funny though!

missLaura said...

Oh Cayden, that little stinker. Well, we can't be so cute and not have an attitude!

missLaura said...

Oh Cayden, that little stinker. Well, he can't be so cute and not have an attitude!

Anonymous said...

Three things:
1. Tell Chase that is why we should have tiled the laundry while I was there....one of us could have tiled while the other took care of the kids!
2. I love how at the beginning he is called "Cayden" and part way through it changes to "the assialant"!! haha!
3. ARGGHHH! is this seriously what is coming my way....
Janis

Emily said...

Baa ha ha ha, I can't stop laughing!!!! I wish I could be inside his head for just one day. I can't even imagine all the things he wants to do and gets distracted on his way.
Seriously, he makes me so HAPPY!!!

Emily said...

Oh, and SUPER cute picture!

Anonymous said...

Ha, Just add that to going pee in his dads new boots.

Love you and Cayden and Kiah.
Mom

stone's eye view said...

LOL.
Sorry that its at your expense. He sure is one cute kid, though.

Nicole Wendorff said...

All I can say, is keep posting! :) You'll laugh about it all one day, and if it's written you can remember it, (and we can enjoy it now :) ) Love ya!

Saralynn said...

HAHA!!! I love it!