If you read this blog, I love reading comments - so please do:)!



Dec 15, 2009

I love Mom!!

We are heading out to Chase's parents for Christmas and I am so excited but was feeling a little sad that I am not going to get to see my mom for Christmas so I decided to squeeze in a quick trip at the beginning of December. We had so much fun (as we normally do no matter if we work, play, shop or just be lazy and visit)! As you can tell the kids had a superb tea party with Grammy - I was laughing so hard because they were both being so proper. The hats transformed them! They enjoyed cranberry cider, marshmallows and chips in the sunshine of Grammy's living room and LOVED every minute of it! Mom helped with the kids so I could get most of the Christmas card done and a painting for my porch (I got the idea from a baby card). I had picked out a painting that I wanted to do with my mom for the dinning room and so the night before we left, after the kids were finally in bed we crammed this masterpiece in (we were up half the night, but it was totally worth it). I LOVE IT!! It couldn't have turned out better (it is not quite done but I only have a little fixing on the tree and hills and some more dark blue to put in before it goes on the wall)! The best part was sitting beside my mom and painting it together. Reaching accross each other to assign colors and laugh and laugh and laugh. I am so proud of her talents and love that we created it together. I love my Mom!

9 comments:

stone's eye view said...

That is a masterpiece!
Seriously, incredible.

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, LOVE your artwork! You are two seriously talented ladies! Such cute pics of the kids!! Your blog may soon become my new obsession!
Janis

Maja said...

I LOVE how talented you are. I hate how talented you are at EVERYTHING YOU DO!! OK - I love that too, but it makes me completed AWED that you can do such fantastic things. Seriously - love the art - love you! Can't wait to see it in real life!!!

Maja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Namoi,
Janis told me about your site. . and impressive. . .very nicely put together. I LOVE opening photo of the kids (Gorgeous). . .I even showed people at my work today. Also, I didn't know you were so artistically inclined. Your paintings are really nice. . .inspires me to do one. . .but alas my painting talents aren't that of yours and Janis'. Anyway, I've book marked your site and will continue to check-in regularly.
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. . .good seeing your mom in the photos. Looks like she was really enjoying the tea party with the kids! Nolan and I have tea parties too. . .next time he meets up with your kids hopefully they won't be too old to have one together. If they are then Warren can sub-in! :) ha ha ha
Andrea

Sherri said...

I LOVE the pictures of the kids with grandma. that is a true grandma picture keepsake for ever.
Enlarge it for your children to always remember.

missLaura said...

you are amazing! I couldn't pictures that painting any more beautiful! Way to go Naomi!!

Nicole Wendorff said...

Gorgeous!And I'm sp impressed by how well kept up your blog is by the way. :)kudos!