If you read this blog, I love reading comments - so please do:)!



Jul 31, 2010

Princess Room

I am so happy! I finally have one room in my house done - Yay! It is funny, because this room all along has been the "that room doesn't have to get finished until last" room - and here it is number one. I think I just needed to get a fun one done to get into the rest. What do you think? Kiah adores it! She is in love with the pink and she calls it her princess room. Guess the total cost to turn this:



into this:





Here is my very close estimate(keep in mind this room was gutted and redone - head to toe):
carpet - (on discount at end of the roll) - $75.00
paint and supplies - one can primer and paint- step dad works at the hardware store - free
antique bed - out of old house on our property - free
feather duvet - handed down from great grandma - free
pillows from china - $5.00
pillows from discount bin at Home Sense - $6.00
Duvet cover on clearance from Home Sense - $30.00
New sheets - on sale at walmart - $12.00
New pillows - also on sale at walmart $6.00
Bed side table - covered cardboard box - free (this will be replaced once I find something that will work - but no luck so far in my price range:))
Darling princess cutout pictures - awesome aunt emily made them- free
china ballarina painting - $12.00
Stretching boards (for painting) - Micheals - $8.00
I am a child of god picture - frame - $15.00 - and I made the letters
Flowers and vase - had in the 'craft cupboard'
Pretty letter "K" - on discount at Home Outfitters - $5.00
Old trunk for dress up clothes- out of old house - free
Antique garbage tin- old house - free
Pretty pink wire jewel box - double discount bin at Home outfitters - $2.00
Chandelier - old one from living room - free
Spray paint - $30.00 (for bed, trunk, garbage bin and chandelier)
Curtain - home depot - $10.00
Pink bed "swoop" - walmart $9.00
matress - had
wood for bed support - $15.00
labour - sweat and tears - me - free I guess.

Grand total.....$235.00

Think I could make it on a room make-over show?

Too bad I have to move the destroyer and his bed in there while I get his room mudded and painted! I think the 'white' duvet will have to be removed to get through that one alive. Ha ha. I am so excited that Kiah is totally in love and loves to sleep in her new room!....For those of you who know...the owl... is still there - I was thinking of tying it into the princess cutout picture somehow by writing a story about a princess and a king and the king gets turned into an owl by the villain but then he watches over her always... what do you think my options are:)?

5 comments:

Emily said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! That is way, way cuter than I could have even imagined. If I were a princess I would want to sleep in it. So cute Naomi!! You are such a darling mom to do that for her!

missLaura said...

so beautiful Naomi! You have worked so hard.

stone's eye view said...

1) Holy posts, batman.

2) That room is great. Can you come fix one for my little girl???

3) Glad you are having such a fun summer.

Anonymous said...

WOW - Amazing job! I bet Kiah just loves it - what a lucky girl to have you for a Mom! As for the owl, just put a tu-tu on it :)
Janis.

the Woods said...

super cute.